Our Best Outdoor Dog Bed for Any Breed Dog - Reviews & Buyers Guide
Planning on taking your dog’s indoor bed outdoors? Think again! Indoor beds aren’t designed to stand up to the extra wear and tear that comes with outdoor use. To help you switch to something more suited for the situation, we’ve taken the time to research the best outdoor dog bed for you and your pup. The following guide will discuss the different factors to consider when shopping, as well as our top picks.
A dog is man’s best friend and what better way to show your best friend some love than by getting them their best outdoor dog bed. Not only will an outdoor dog bed bring your furry friend joy and comfort, but it will also be very useful for outdoor activities. For example, when you take your best friend camping, an outdoor dog bed will make sure they are comfortable and have a good night’s sleep. And since dogs are unpredictable, it is important that the bed is washable and waterproof. So show your best friend some love and get them their very best outdoor dog bed.
An online search for the best outdoor dog bed will return hundreds of results, leaving us with an overwhelming number of products to consider. We started to narrow down this list by choosing only the products that delivered a high value, looking at factors such as durability, portability, variety of sizes, ease of cleaning, and level of comfort. It involved looking at the products in detail, researching the features of each option, and comparing them carefully.
Is an Outdoor Dog Bed worth it?
While some consumers may think the best outdoor dog bed is a simple luxury, they are much more. They can supply many benefits to pups, from health to security to calmness. Companies design these beds to alleviate specific pain, including hip and joint discomfort. The health benefits of a good night’s sleep go for dogs as much as people, and these products allow your pet to sleep well and recover from busy days.
Dog beds also provide a safe and secure place to relax, increasing your pet’s calmness and mental health. They are easy to clean and encourage your dog to be independent and have their own space.
Here Are the Best Outdoor Dog Beds
Rocco loves the outdoors and loves being lazy after he chases his sticks. He lives in Florida so it gets pretty hot in the summer. The best outdoor dog bed is the perfect addition to put in the shade so he’s extra comfortable outside.
SUPERJARE XLarge Outdoor Dog Bed
This may be what you wanted for the pool. It gives your boy/girl a place out of the heat and off the scorching cement!
The elevated floor keeps him/her off the hot pavement on your patio when he/she has to be out all day. They will like the cover too, because it provides them their own hideaway and the canopy provides good shade in the sun outside!
Keeps his toys on it, allowing him lounging comfortably in the cooling bed!
The height of the bed is 9.1”, easy for the puppy’s up and down!
- A LUXURIOUS ACCESSORY FOR FURRY KINGS & QUEENS! What kitten or doggy doesn’t just love to relax and enjoy the outside activities? That’s why we designed and crafted this gorgeous, elevated, outdoor pet bed with ideal dimensions – 36″ x 48″ x 9.1″; and it comes with a canopy for full shade and protection
- STURDY & DURABLE DESIGN! Made of sturdy, durable 1680D Oxford fabric and steel frame, which mean that, this exquisite pet bed can hold up to 120 lbs, and endure the playful scratching and playing of your beloved furry companions
- HAVE A FUN AND COZY SUMMER! Made of breathable fabric, keeping your pet away from the sultry! Elevated design brings your pet a refreshing summer! it comes with a canopy for full shade and protection! Tips: The canopy is not protected from water, we recommend that you move the pet bed indoors, or in a covered area in rainy days or in stormy weather. So your furry friends won’t get wet
- TAKE IT WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU & YOUR PET GO! Whether it’s for a weekend at beach, or for a camping trips, our lightweight, easily portable bed will make your cat or dog extremely happy wherever you go. Plus, it comes with its own handy little carry bag for maximum convenience
Probably you want to know:
Q: What’s the pet cot made of, is it sturdy?
A: The pet cot is constructed with durable, breathable Oxford fabric with mesh, it keeps pet well ventilated; a sturdy steel frame holds the fabric securely in place and metal pipe legs help ensure safety and non-tipping of the pet cot. Middle beams provide for added support for your furry friends.
Q: What are the dimensions?
A: Dimensions for the installed frame: 36″ x 48″; Pet Cot Height: 43.2″; Legs Height: 9.1″.
Q: What’s the function of the elevated cot-style design?
A: The pet bed’s elevated design raises your pet more than 7 inches up off the ground, which allows air to flow freely from all directions, meanwhile it keeps your pet off of cold, hot and hard surfaces.
Q: Is it easy to put together?
A: Yes, it’s easy to assemble and disassemble. No screws and tools required. A detailed Instruction Manual is included.
Q: How much can it hold?
A: The L size one can hold 120 lbs.
Bedsure Cooling Elevated Dog Bed
Why Rocco Likes this as the second best outdoor dog bed?
We believe that the furry members of your family should be comfortable too.Bedsure provides bedding, bath products, toys, and clothes for dogs and cats. Elevated Dog BedOff-the-ground design, breathable mesh and sturdy frames create a comfy, cool spot for your pup.Give your four-legged family members the bed they deserve with Bedsure Elevated Dog Beds!OFF-THE-GROUND DESIGNElevates your pets 8 inches up off the ground to keep them clean and cool on rainy or hot days.TESLIN DURABLE MESH SURFACEUltrasonic welding mesh provides an added level of comfort that can last for longer years to use.QUICK AND EASY ASSEMBLYWith screws and hex key included, our elevated pet bed is easy to assemble or disassemble.STRESS-FREE CLEANINGPet hair or dirt doesn’t cling to the mesh fabric which can be washed (using tap water only).ELEVATED FOR COMFORT8 inches off the ground, our dog bed will promote and increase air flow on all sides of the bed to make your pets cool. HIGH QUALITY CONSTRUCTIONOur raised pet beds with sturdy frames and Teslin mesh keep the bed stable and safe for use.
- DIMENSION & CARE: Large Raised Dog Cot: 49″L x 35.5″W x 8″H (Frame), 43″L x 35″W (Mesh), up to 85 lbs. Perfect for all breeds and ages of dogs and cats (easier for older pets to hop on or off).
- DURABLE DESIGN: Well-built frame helps the pet bed stable and safely elevated for your dog to rest easy on – Durable sleeping surface supports your pets comfortably and resists rips from claws – Our elevated dog bed with skid-resistant feet，protects your floors from scratches and keeps the bed from sliding when your dog jumps on or off.
- ELEVATED COMFORT: Bedsure Elevated Dog Bed (8″ Off the ground) lifts your doggy pal off wet, muddy grass to keep him clean and cool, especially on rainy or hot days – Durable Teslin (recyclable) mesh allows air to flow right through the fabric and he/she will be feeling the breeze in summer – Can ease the stress/pain on your pet’s joints.
- Easy To Clean: Pet hair, dirt and grime don’t cling to the tight mesh, you can hose the surface (tap water only) or hand wash with mild soap and let air dry.
Best Choice Products Elevated Cooling Dog Bed
Products mean a little more at BCP. We work hard to build innovative, popular, and timeless items that will thrive in your home. Behind your favorite Best Choice Product is a team developing the next best thing!
When building our products, BCP does the heavy lifting for you. Before an item makes it to your home, it must first pass quality tests and our final stamp of approval. Every step of a product counts, and we never compromise high-quality.
For many of us, family extends to our adorable, non-human counterparts! Gift them the same magic of home with pet-friendly beds, feeders, and outdoor supplies. Who said pets can’t enjoy the same luxury humans do?
- USE IT ANYWHERE: Whether your pet sleeps indoors or outside, four rubber foot caps protect your floors while durable nylon fabric withstands the elements
- COOLING DESIGN: Four legs with two central supports raise your pet 8-inches off the ground to allow air to pass under them, cooling them while ensuring easy cleanup
- PET-FRIENDLY DESIGN: A breathable nylon mesh bed sits under a removable canopy to disperse heat and block the sun; cooling your pet and preventing odor buildup
- BUILT TO LAST: Durable weather-resistant materials over a tempered steel frame supports small-breed dogs (up to 66 pounds) and promises your pet years of comfort
K&H PET PRODUCTS Original Bolster Pet Cot Elevated Outdoor Dog Bed
This could just be the most comfortable pet cot outdoor elevated dog bed ever made. The super comfortable bolster envelopes and comforts pets for an incredibly relaxing snooze. Utilizing our original best outdoor dog bed, the K&H Original Bolster Pet Cot elevated dog bed is sure to please even the pickiest of pets. The bolster is easily removable to quickly convert it into our standard pet cot. The mesh center provides circulation to help pet keep cooler. Holds up to 200 pounds. One-year limited warranty. Small (17″ x 22″) Medium (25″ x 32″) Large (30″ x 42″). The K&H Pet Cot line of outdoor elevated dog beds features an Original Pet Cot, Original Bolster Pet Cot, Self-Warming pet Cot, Coolin’ Pet Cot, and a small Comfy Pet Cot. Replacement covers are for available separately and can easily be interchanged to suit your pets needs for each season.
K&H uses only the highest quality materials. We partner with MET Labs to exceed electrical standards. Each K&H electrical product is safety certified providing peace of mind that our products are safe for your pet and your home.
- BOLSTERED OUTDOOR DOG BED: Dog cot made of waterproof, heavy-denier fabric with fluffy plush bolster for ultimate pet comfort and security. Raised dog bed helps pets stay cool in summer months by allowing air to circulate and keeps pets off wet/cold ground with 7″ ground clearance
- STRONG & STURDY: Dog cots lightweight metal frame and heavy denier cover holds over 200 pounds, dog bed is durable and tested for strength
- QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY: Easy to assemble and disassemble, no tools necessary making this outdoor dog bed great for use during travel, camping, picnicking and more
- EASY CLEAN-UP: Removable cover and bolster is machine washable and can even be hosed off outdoors
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR DOG BED: Lifted outdoor dog bed with breathable mesh center is great for indoor and outdoor use. Slip-resistant rubber feet provide protection for indoor flooring and water-resistant mesh center repels moisture
Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed
We know how deeply you love your pets. That’s why at Veehoo we dedicate to design innovative and high-quality products making your pets’ lives better.
Thousands of veterinarians and pet experts use, recommend, and promote the year-round use of Veehoo Pet Products. They find Veehoo products reliable and beneficial to pets.
Sleeping on the Go! Elevated dog beds are lightweight and easy to assemble. Perfect dog cots for traveling! Simply break them down and pack them away for transportation. It’s convenient for camping, picnic, training, and more.
Above of The Ground Design
Made of high quality teslin mesh fabric, allows not only air to flow, but also water to pass through. Keeping your pets cool while they relax in the heat.
And more, this fabric has better load-bearing capacity, which means saying goodbye to the fear of a sudden bed collapse.
- Material: Textilene Mesh and Powder-Coated Steel. Size: 49″x33″x9″ (125x83x22.5 cm). Can hold a maximum weight of 150 pounds (68kg); Suitable for a normal adult German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Akita etc.
- Stay Cool Ever! Crafted of mesh fabric in the center, our bed allows air to flow, keeping them cool while they relax in the heat. Textilene fabric features heat-resistance, sturdy, and breathability.
- Floor No More! Sleeping with an elevated dog bed is more comfortable, cleaner, dryer, and healthier compared to the ground. Stay cool in peak summer or cozy in the wintertime!
- Easy to Assemble! No screws and wrenches needed. The dog bed can be directly installed by using the plug-in. Lightweight and portable. Perfect for indoor, outdoor, picnic, camping, training… Quality sleep on the go!
PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
Ultimate Dog Bed & Lounge
Tired of cheap Large Dog Beds that easily tear, are difficult to clean and don’t provide your pet the comfort they deserve? The pet Fusion ultimate dog lounge large dog bed was designed with all these features in mind with an attractive, modern touch that blends in seamlessly to your home. Premium materials, quality construction and smart features set the ultimate dog lounge apart from the crowd and provide excellent value for your money.
Head & Neck Support
Generously filled outer bolster (pillow) provides excellent support and opportunities for nestling. Conveniently enclosed in a removable & washable cover.
Compatible with any breed
From Chihuahua to Great Dane, we have a size to match your breed. Not sure what’s right for you? Just write us and our team will be happy to assist to make a good choice.
- PREMIUM COMPONENTS & BETTER HEALTH: (i) The SOLID 4 inch MEMORY FOAM in our orthopedic dog bed provides an ultra premium base for superior overall comfort, reduced joint pain (arthritis) and improved health, mobility, & energy. (ii) Comforts as a Calming dog bed for dogs who suffer from anxiety. (iii) Recycled ‘green’ support bolsters are generously filled. (iv) Durable & comfortable polyester (65%) & cotton (35%) twill
- SMART DESIGN: (i) Large dog bed base & bolsters provide optimal support, comfort, & security. (ii) Water resistant & tear resistant cover work simultanously with our waterproof dog bed liner. (iii) Non-skid bottom. (iv) Blends in seamlessly with your home. (v) Replacement pet bed covers available separately
- PEACE OF MIND: (i) The Certi-PUR-US Memory foam used in our orthopedic dog bed for medium and large dogs has NO mercury, lead, formaldehyde, phthalates, & ozone depleters. (ii) Low VOC emissions for indoor air quality keeps your pup safe while resting. (iii) Passes stricter European REACH safety standards. (iv) Cover fabric certified as ‘SKIN CONTACT SAFE’.
- IDEAL FOR MEDIUM / LARGE OR MULTIPLE SMALLER DOGS: (i) 36 x 28 x 9 inches. Can easily hold 100+ pounds. (II) [Search Pet Fusion x large pet blanket for new matching blanket]. Age range description: All Life Stages, included components: Memory foam orthopedic dog bed mattress, waterproof dog bed foam liner, Removable & washable cover, Polyfilled bolster cushion, material type: polyester (65%) & cotton (35%) twill; Cotton; Polyester.
Bedsure Waterproof Dog Beds
A Bed for All Snoozing Types
With a flat sleeping surface and ultra-plush fleece on top, this Bedsure Pet Bed is built for pets who love to curl up, as well as those that love to stretch out.
COMFORT FOR ALL
Flat-surface is easy to hop onto for senior pets and the dog mat fits perfectly inside most dog crates, cars or any room of the house.
MACHINE WASHABLE COVER
Removable, machine washable cover is water-resistant and can be zipped off easily for easy cleaning and simple maintenance.
Versatile, Ultra-Soft Flat Dog Beds
Give tired pets a soothing place to rest with the Bedsure Waterproof Pet Bed. Creative reversible design with plush fleece top and durable Oxford bottom makes this the perfect pet bed for any home. Take Bedsure Dog Bed Pillows home, let your loved ones jump on the bed and lay down with the most content look on its little face. Your canine companion will love sleeping the day away on his new Bedsure Ultra Plush Dog Bed!
- 100% WATERPROOF DOG BED PILLOW – Equipped with a full-coverage inner liner to help protect the filling from accidents (The outer cover is NOT waterproof)
- REMOVABLE AND MACHINE WASHABLE COVER – The 100% polyester soft and durable plush zippered cover is easy to clean and has a non-skid bottom (36″x27″x4″ Large size dog bed pillows are recommended for dogs or pets up to 75 lbs, Not recommended for pets with chewing behavior)
- PREMIUM MATERIAL – Filled with plush polyfill stuffing and ultra soft reversible design (fleece top + oxford bottom), this pet bed keeps your pet warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- INDOOR AND OUTDOOR USE – Can be used with kennels, crates, and carriers, or as a stand-alone bed; Portable dog crate mat can be taken anywhere you and your partner go
Buyer’s Guide – Ultimate Guide for the Best Outdoor Dog Bed
The best outdoor dog bed will come in a variety of sizes although most manufacturers try to keep the dimensions regular for different-sized breeds. As already explained, you need to measure your dog from top to bottom while it is sleeping in its favorite position.
With this said, here is an approximate size guide that you can use for most brands on the market. These sizes have been adjusted including the additional space you need to add. If you do not see your dogs’ breed in the suggested examples, do not worry. Simply compare the size of your dogs to any of the given examples and you will find the correct dimensions for the perfect bed.
- 50 x 40cm – smallest beds suitable for miniature dog breeds (Pekingese, Yorkshire Terriers, Chihuahua, Pomeranians, etc.)
- 70 x 50cm – suitable for small to medium-sized breeds (Jack Russels, French Bulldogs, Boston Terriers, Dachshunds, etc.)
- 90 x 60cm – suitable for medium-sized breeds (Cocker Spaniels, Corgis, English Bulldogs, Foxhounds, Fox Terriers, etc.)
- 110 x 70cm – suitable for larger breeds (Cane Corso, Labradors, Dobermans, Huskies, etc.)
- 120 x 80+ cm – suitable for the largest breeds (Great Danes, Tibetan Mastiffs, Irish Wolfhounds, etc.)
Now that you have the correct measurements of your dog and you know the regular sizes for beds on the market, there is one last step to consider. You do not want to get your canine a bed that is exactly as large as its body. You always need to provide additional space and experts suggest this space should be at least 20 centimeters.
If you’ve spent any time with your dog, you may already know how they prefer to sleep. While some dogs love to stretch out, others prefer to curl into a tight ball with their nose in their tails. Some dogs enjoy semi-enclosed spaces and others like a pillow on which to rest their head.
During a long sleep, most dogs will change positions, and as they do, the shape and size of the bed become even more critical. Just like us, our dog’s shoulders and hips need support as they snooze, and there should be enough space in or on the bed so that they can move unrestricted.
A memory foam dog bed is the best way to provide ultimate comfort for your dog. If you have slept on a memory foam mattress, you know how comfortable it is. Memory foam relieves joint and arthritis pain. It is the best way to provide comfort in each known way possible. Choose a memory foam bed for an older dog that requires additional support.
There are plenty of options when it comes to fabric for the covers. The base will always be the most important layer but the covers should depend on your plans for the bed. If you want to travel or go camping, pick more durable materials. Most covers are made from polyester. The best dog beds are made with high-quality materials and construction that will last many years. When you buy a foam bed, make sure to check the density to ensure it provides enough support for your pet. A quality foam bed will not only provide comfort but also promote better sleep and improve your pet’s overall health. Air beds are also a great option for dogs that love spending time outdoors. These beds are inflated with air and can be deflated for easy transportation. They are perfect for camping trips or days spent at the beach. An outdoor bed will keep your pet cool.
Of course, there is more to selecting a dog bed than just getting the right size. So what else do you need to think about before you purchase?
The style of bed you choose for your dog is essential. Often we can get an idea of our dog’s preferences based on where they spend their time snoozing outside of a dog bed. For example, my dog likes to rest his head on something while he sleeps, so when I picked a bed, I chose one that had an integrated pillow. A raised bed could be the best choice for larger dogs.